Daniel Frey’s experience has taken him all over the world with reputed international hotel chains working on both operational and corporate levels for over 20 years. He studied at the Lausanne Hotel School and furthered his studies at Harvard Business School (AMP159). In 2018 completed Business Sustainability Management course with CISL (University of Cambridge, Institute for Sustainability Leadership).
A Swiss national with a proven track record in the international hospitality industry on various continents and countries (Switzerland, Ecuador, Kuwait, Mexico, China, Thailand, Argentina, South Africa, Portugal), Daniel has accumulated competencies and knowledge with renowned hotel operators, including Kempinski, Hilton and Peninsula amongst others.
As CEO of Inspira Hotel Management, he saw the flagship property in Lisbon – conceived, developed and launched under his mandate – recognized nationally and internationally with Sustainability Development Prizes and Awards over many years for its innovative concepts.
Founder/CEO of Green Growth – The Way To Go, Daniel launched this niche consultancy firm in 2011, focused on sustainable development operating across all areas of the hospitality industry including the supply chain and beyond.
Green Growth – The Way To Go
Green Growth works with clients of the tourism value chain:
- Destinations – Destination Management and Certification
- Hotels and hotel groups
- Businesses, Travel agencies, Cruise ships
- Government agencies
Green Growth consultancy combines hands-on, international experience with training and coaching as an integral part of the service offered.
Green Growth services:
- Strategic advice in areas such as project consultancy (contractual issues with architects and suppliers, definition and execution of concepts etc.)
- Conceiving, establishing and implementing vision & sustainability strategy
- Managing culture change to integrate sustainable action
- Stakeholder mapping, engagement and communication
- Implementation of international certification solutions
- HR 360º – integrated approach in human resources
- Training for sustainable action
- Story telling & communication strategy
- Measurement, transparent reporting and alignment with the UN SDG’s (Sustainability Development Goals)
Green Growth acts as independent auditor for reputed and officially recognized certifications for the tourism industry.